The Manual J&C department needs all sorts of goodies to help the students prepare for careers in journalism, photo journalism, broadcast journalism and much, much more!
Give thanks for the wonderful education they are receiving by keeping the department stocked with good supplies.
You can make a donation to The Publishers and we will find the deals for you.
Select one of the items on their wish list and drop it off to Mr. Miller at school.
All J&C students and their families are invited to attend
Annual J&C Meet and Mingle Ice Cream Social
August 29th at 7 – 8:30 p.m.
duPont Manual High School’s Freshman Cafeteria
Learn about each of the J&C publications, register for upcoming conventions, get to know your teachers, welcome incoming freshman, join The Publishers, volunteer to help J&C, and enjoy some delicious ice cream!
No reservations required and the event is free!
You can fill out this Membership Form 2017-18 and mail it in with a check or bring them with you to upcoming ice cream social. Details coming soon!
Join us at 6:30 p.m. in the Senior Cafeteria where we will:
Announce the Publishers 2017 Scholarship Recipients (Special Note to Parents of Freshman: You must be a member of Publishers all 4 years for your child to be eligible for a Publishers’ Scholarship their senior year. 2016-17 memberships will be available at the meeting.)
Members to Vote for Open 2017-2018 Publishers Officer positions
a. PRESIDENT: VAUGHN BELL
b. SECRETARY: KIM FREY
c. TREASURER: OPEN
d. CHAIR OF FUNDRAISING: OPEN
Dine in or Take Away at Noodles and Company on Cardinal Blvd. between 2 and 8 p.m. on Wednesday, March 29
25% of each sale will benefit Publishers Inc.
Be sure to let the cashier know you are with Publishers or bring this flier below and hand it to them or we will not get credit.
Editor-in-Chief of TechRepublic
Long Form Editor of ZDNet
Jason writes about the people, products, and ideas changing how we live and work in the 21st century. He is also co-author of the book Follow the Geeks (bit.ly/ftgeeks).
Ashlee Clark Thompson
Senior Associate Editor for CNET
Ashlee reviews smart cooking gadgets. She’s also a freelance writer, author of “Louisville Diners”, and a blogger (ashleeEats.com). Before CNET, Ashlee spent time as a newspaper reporter and as an Americorps VISTA worker.
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
duPont Manual High School Auditorium
Admission is open to the public and free.
A $5 donation to Publishers Inc. is suggested.
Consider This is a thought-provoking speaker series organized by Publishers Inc., supporting duPont Manual High School’s Journalism & Communication Magnet.
For sponsorship opportunities contact us.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors:
Media Events, Inc.
Manual Student Groups:
YOU can help fund J&C by joining Kroger Community Rewards Program. You will help each time you shop at Kroger!!
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
Simply register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm. We are Publishers, Inc. Our organization is 53907.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
PUBLISHERS/J&C THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!
On September 27, 2016, a group of students from Manual and Sacred Heart High Schools as well as several people from the community gathered together in the Manual auditorium to hear how a group of women who live in an area known for war and segregation, found a way to become friends.
Women Creating a Dialogue is a group of women who live in the Western Galilee of Israel. The group includes Muslims, Christians and Jews, which formed approximately 9 months earlier. They first started to gather once a month over a meal where they learned about each other’s culture and became friends. These women are living examples of shattering barriers and stereotypes while strengthening the bonds between them.
Mr. James Miller, Manual’s Journalism and Communication School chair hosted the event as part of the Consider This speaker series and thanked the group for sharing such meaningful examples of how we can learn to get along despite different beliefs.
Students from Manual and Sacred Heart along with several people from the community attended the event and asked a number of questions. One student asked if the women had the support of their families to participate in this program. The women mostly said yes, but one gave an example of how her husband didn’t stop her but didn’t think it was a good idea. The women went on to say that their next goal, when they return to Israel, is to get their families to meet one another.
This was the first in a series of thought provoking speakers that Publishers with support from Mr. Miller brought to Manual.
For more information contact Aly Goldberg. .